Home Care Services
Access at Home Pre-Hab Visit
Our prehab program is designed to maximize a patient’s postoperative outcome and help to facilitate a faster recovery. We will come to the patient’s home and perform an assessment of their layout, accessibility, and safety before they have their surgery. We will give them imperative suggestions on adaptive and assistive equipment, safety suggestions regarding their home layout, and what to expect after surgery. This program begins 1-2 weeks prior to a patient’s scheduled surgery.
Access At-home Postsurgical visits
After a patient’s acute care stay or short-term rehab, we will go into their home to provide treatment while they are recovering from their surgery. During this time we will focus on function and safety, as well as strengthening and conditioning appropriate to the diagnosis and the patient’s surroundings. We will contact the patient to set up the appointment schedule as soon as we receive the discharge date from the case manager.
Patients in either of these programs:
- Bundle Payment for Care Improvement (BPCI) and Comprehensive Care for Joint Replacement (CCJR)
- or any Medicare patient who has a total hip replacement or total knee replacement or short-term rehab.
Areas of Service
NEW YORK: Monroe, Warwick, Washingtonville, Florida, Chester, Pine Island, Goshen, Highland Mills, Harriman
Know the Risks
- One-fourth of seniors who fracture a hip from a fall will die within six months of the injury.
- 87 percent of all fractures in the elderly are due to falls. Two-thirds of those who fall will do so again within six months.
- When an older person falls, his or her hospital stays are almost twice as long as those of older patients who are admitted for any other reason.
- Among people aged 65 to 69, one out of every 200 falls results in a hip fracture. That number increases to one out of every 10 for those aged 85 and older.
PT, DPT, Director/Owner