Access at Home Pre-Hab Visit
Our prehab program is designed to maximize a patient’s postoperative outcome and help to facilitate a faster recovery. We will come to the patient’s home and perform an assessment of their layout, accessibility, and safety before they have their surgery. We will give them imperative suggestions on adaptive and assistive equipment, safety suggestions regarding their home layout, and what to expect after surgery. This program begins 1-2 weeks prior to a patient’s scheduled surgery.
Access At-home Postsurgical visits
After a patient’s acute care stay or short-term rehab, we will go into their home to provide treatment while they are recovering from their surgery. During this time we will focus on function and safety, as well as strengthening and conditioning appropriate to the diagnosis and the patient’s surroundings. We will contact the patient to set up the appointment schedule as soon as we receive the discharge date from the case manager.
*Please call prior to your surgery to set up your post-surgical appointment with your physical therapist.
Patients in either of these programs:
- Bundle Payment for Care Improvement (BPCI) and Comprehensive Care for Joint Replacement (CCJR)
- or any Medicare patient who has a Total Hip replacement or Total Knee replacement or short-term rehab.
- Orange County: Monroe, Harriman, Highland Mills, Chester, Goshen, Warwick, Florida, Washingtonville, Pine Island
In-Home Safety Assessment for Seniors
Keep your home safe with a professional fall-risk assessment – Only $125
Enjoy the comforts of home longer by making sure it’s safe and suited for your needs as you age. Access Physical Therapy & Wellness’ licensed therapists will perform an in-home safety assessment to identify fall risks and suggest improvements to make your home safer.
Know the Risks
- One-fourth of seniors who fracture a hip from a fall will die within six months of the injury.
- 87 percent of all fractures in the elderly are due to falls. Two-thirds of those who fall will do so again within six months.
- When an older person falls, his or her hospital stays are almost twice as long as those of older patients who are admitted for any other reason.
- Among people aged 65 to 69, one out of every 200 falls results in a hip fracture. That number increases to one out of every 10 for those aged 85 and older.
ACCESS IN-HOME SAFETY ASSESSMENTS
In-home safety assessments are performed by our licensed and highly trained therapists.
During the in-home assessment, our therapists will check for and make suggestions to make your home safer—for example, lighting, walkways, rugs, and doorknobs. Our experts can identify major risks that an untrained professional could miss. If you’re worried about your parents living at home alone, or you’re unsure about continuing to live in your own house, an in-home safety assessment can give you peace of mind and help you enjoy the comforts of home longer and more safely.
Contact – Monroe, NY
PT, DPT, Director/Owner
505 NY-208, Suite 30
Monroe, NY 10950